Monday, June 8, 2009

Heat Wave

I don't want to sound ungrateful, and I do love the sunshine after the long winter, but seriously, does it really need to be over 75 degrees here? It was still too hot at 10pm last night to go for a run. I even tried eating right before bed and running this morning. But I was too hungry to run 9 miles.

Smokey took Tatonka to the park and picked spruce tips for syrup last night. They both came back hot and sticky and chewed up by the mosquitos. I opted not to go after serving drinks on the deck for several hours in the sun. How is it biologically possible to drink a gallon of water and not pee?

We snuck in one more trip to the penninsula before the chaos starts this week. Our friends had other guests, but no one minded one more guy to drink beer, two more dogs to swim in the lake and one more quilter buying fabric. Smokey is thinking about going back on opening night to take photos of the crazy humans. I tried out the camera this weekend. Now if only we could find the cable I could upload some pictures at home..... I see a trip to the evil box store in my future to replace the cable.

Where did my weekend go? I really really wanted an extra day to go biking and boating. Luckily we have some boating planned already for next weekend. While my sister is graduating and my mom is watching her, I'll be on the water celebrating in spirit.

No comments: