Sunday, November 29, 2009

Tofurkey Day


Ah, Tofurkey Day, and I'm home again in the snow. But I don't think I'll be relaxing on the hammock since it snowed 8" while I was gone and another foot or so since then. At some point I just stop measuring and count it as 'a lot'.
One of the great things about consciously choosing to spend a holiday alone (despite many offers from friends, thank you) is that you can do whatever you want, whenever you want. Limited of course, by money and what's in the fridge. In the case of the latter, I found it was not much, so I procurred supplies from the OPEN grocery store (thank you city living). I couldn't actually find a tofurkey like those I've had on this holiday in the past, so I just had all the side dishes. And I didn't once set off the smoke detector. And I ate my desert first. Yum. And then I joyfully shoveled the first layer of snow from the driveway, by hand, while playing fetch with the puppies. After a warm day or two I realized I should probably shovel the snow off the decks too, so I bought myself a nice new grain shovel. Isn't it pretty?
Today I get to figure out how to use the snowblower. Or I risk never actually getting Smokey's truck all the way up the driveway again. I think it might be easier to just fix the 4 wheel drive, but I guess the snowblower is free so I'll try that first.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have a beautiful new shovel!