Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Punkin Carvin


Tis the season...for fun and scary pumpkin carving.  I spent Sunday afternoon hunting for the perfect pumpkins to take to a carving party down the street.  These are the end results of the two I worked on.  The one on the left is an 'acquired' pumpkin.  It was cooler than one that I brought and could not be left uncarved.



Let's focus on the cute one, shall we?  CV has some of the photos and I wish she would send them to me so I could show you that this cat also has a tail.  That was our own invention.  Actually it was a modification to someone drawing on the back side and it being turned into a tail instead of something more crude. 



Originally CV started on the cat.  We used a stencil (first time ever for me) and cut the ears out of the bottom so it would sit flat.  Then she gutted it.  The seeds are still sitting in my fridge, about to become cleaned and toasted tonight.  Yum!



While she worked on the cat, I tackled the gnarly one.  I got behind because I changed my mind on the design at least three times.  I finally settled on a modified stencil design. 



Meanwhile, other people finished before we were barely started.  I think they did some preplanning.  Cheaters.  They did have the disadvantage of not knowing there would be judging and prizes until after they were done.  They still won. 



Meanwhile, back at the ranch....I'm only cutting out two eyes, what is taking me so long??



The freehand ones won all the top awards.  So much for stencils.  The other, slightly more ghoulish part of my weekend was Sunday morning at the park.  Tatonka tried out a new discipline and did really well.  So now we are going to train for finding dead people. 


No comments: