Tuesday, May 12, 2009

You Can Have My Part of That

Smokey and I accepted an invitation to go for a bike ride last night with one of my dog friends. We changed locations to the park nearer to us as his family phone call turned into two and we realized he still had his studs on his bike. I would have honestly gone without him except that he stole my bike to ride to work and since I had already waited for him to come home (with all my tools) I figured it was rude to not wait a little longer. He still has the studs on his bike.

Neither of us have ever ridden at Kincaid, despite it's close proximity. We've walked there, run there, played with dogs there, snowshoed there, done dog trainng there, and I even had an all day SAR training there last Saturday (story for another post), but never ridden there. Somehow despite this obvious level of familiarity with this park I was somehow surprised by the number of hills. And moose. There appears to be no level surfaces at this park. I'm just not a speed demon on hills yet and have a pretty healthy fear of breaking myself. So I didn't exactly keep up on the downhills. Oh, and there's the fact that my tires are more like city slicks than nice knobby mud hogs. But I only walked down one hill. And it was really, really fun. And I think my lack of fitness was good for my friend's ego; she has a birthday coming up and she thoroughly smoked me despite having four years on me. And Smokey could barely keep up.

Soon I shall pry the new camera from his hands and have pictures for you. Soon....he has to sleep eventually!

3 comments:

one of your dog friends said...

"One of your dog friends"

Can't I get a nickname too? Preferably not "dog friend".

mo said...

How about 'Burly Chick'?

J-Bomb said...

Burly Girl, maybe? Naw, give me a totally cute/hot/sassy name. Or maybe "J-Bomb" (and K-Bomb for my dog)