Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Growing Music

Smokey was gone again for a week or so earlier this month. And now we have another plant. Our plant accumulation rate has become rather high. I have a large collection at work and I'm starting a new job next week that does not have the same window exposure, so I think some may come home with me.

In other news, I was lucky enough to be offered a mandolin to borrow from a co-worker. While I have played many musical instruments in my life, I have never played a string instrument (except technically the piano). I printed off some free info from Folk of the Woods and found an intro book at Title Wave for three bucks. So I've been plucking away in the evenings for a few minutes, learning chords right and left. I'm calling it physical therapy because several of the chords I can't make happen without physical manipulation of my finger. And then I have to play fast before it moves.

No comments: