Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Keeping an Eye on You

Dear Mom: I'm not sure Santa got your annual report on my behavior this year, so I wanted to give you a summary so you can be sure to send an ammendment and have a new truck appear in my driveway shortly. The year in summary: I am alive, the cat thrives. The end.



She's 17 and being the queen. She was most dissapointed in the lack of live mice for Christmas as she knows the season well by now, but she understands the challenges of shipping to Alaska and how cold it has been outside lately.


She bribed the big white cat to get on the counter and distribute the catnip trapped in the package when she deemed the amount left for her to play with while I took the dogs skating was insufficient. He is not stupid and so complied.





She was satisfied with his offering and thus was content to play with last year's fake mouse.




At which point he was allowed to play with all the other toys and the smaller amount of catnip previously deployed. Now that photographic evidence has been submitted, complete with date stamps, please tell Santa how good I have been. Also, feel free to tell him about your birthday present.


Love,

your wonderful northern living daughter





No comments: