Friday, February 11, 2011

View from the Snow Cave

Most of my winter fun has involved a view such as this from inside a snow cave. Now that school has started this is about as fun as it gets. When it's darker because I'm training at night or there is loose snow over the blocks for a more advanced dog, I often fall asleep. Sometimes inside a snow cave is the best place to be; it's out of the wind, it's quiet, and there's nothing to stress about. Especially if you have done something silly like not doing a radio check before you get in the cave and you actually have a dead radio. Then it's really quiet.
Tatonka and I have a full day tomorrow. We're giving a demonstration to some kids at the science center, doing some backcountry skiing together, and then a little cave work. He has no idea how much fun is headed his way or I'm sure he would have not given me that sappy big brown eyed pathetic look when I left the house this morning.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Very cool picture, Mo. I've wondered if the light would make its way through snow, but I honestly thought it would be more blue than turquoise. Very pretty.
What keeps the roof from caving in? (Don't let your mother see that question! :-o)