Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Big Dig

Tatonka and I are finally recovered from our 5 day extravaganza of training at the resort. It was an experience. We had a lot of snow fall during the last three days. Conditions deteriorated so much that the resort was closed for the 5th day.


Tatonka got to dig people out of the deepest caves he's ever played with. And he finally loaded onto the chairlift without any help from me. We may have even found some methods that work for skiing together too.


I guess that means it was a success. Our final two tests were postponed as the whole group was exhausted. Since classes start tomorrow rescheduling is about to become a nightmare. In the meantime I have been out skiing, improving my 'handler skills'. Very strange to ski without a pack or a dog, threw my balance way off.


1 comment:

MJ said...

Yay Tatonka! Such a good dog:-). Yeah I totally am going to be able to relate to the juggling act of scheduling everything as I register for classes March 10th and classes start shortly after that. I'm going after the GIS cert that I wanted to finish and will also be interning with the Conservation District too.