Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Digital Dayz


 Niwt recently had a birthday. He likes to go for hikes on his birthday.  It makes him smile.  He also likes to remind us of all the digital days.  Every single one since we have met.  It's just his thing.  He's really excited for 11/11/11.  And depressed that it will be such a long time before the next one.  

We took the dogs with us, all three of them.  It was their first snow of the season.  Of course now we have it on the ground, and on the trucks......  It's a winter wonderland. But it's always a novelty the first day (or more) of the season.  

And sometimes the lighting really makes the hike worth it.  This is only part way up the steepest part too.


 Don't fall off the rocks!  See my new gloves?  I like em a heck of a lot.  Maybe my new favorites.

The Alaska Range came out to say hello.

 Dr Dre is leaving us today.  He is a super fun dog and we will miss him a lot around here. 


 Among my favorite views in the universe - a happy dog in snow! My happy dog playing in the snow.

 It's hard to not feel very small in a place so large.  But no one is an island where there are dogs to play with. 

I can't get over the lighting.  I remember the alpenglow the first time I saw it over a decade ago in the Park.  It was so powerful that it made Alaska my number one choice when I wanted to relocate from Portland.  It hasn't changed it's impact on me.

No comments: