Friday, November 18, 2011

Winter Arrival

There was really no way to miss the arrival of winter this year.  It was pretty sudden and started right before Halloween.  Usually when it starts snowing I get really excited and then dissappointed when it melts the next day.  So this year I didn't get very excited.  And it hasn't melted.  It has only gotten deeper.  Except for the last couple days when it has been cold and windy.  I haven't taken the dogs ski-joring since last weekend, but plan to bravely hook up to two dogs before Sunday night.


I finally broke down and bought new taller boots.  I have had my old trusty Sorrels since high school and I felt like this might be the year to buy some taller winter boots.  I have looked at the Joan of the Arctic for a couple years.  Super glad I bought these as I used them the next day for a search in town.  The snow was up to Tatonka's belly!  He had a great time and my toes were toasty warm with snow sometimes over the top of my boots.  Hello Winter!

No comments: