Monday, June 10, 2013

Organized 'Run'


I have become not a fan of organized races in the last couple years.  I attribute this to living on a frequently used trail for such activities and to being very involved in a little project I call MSES.  Last Saturday I hit the trails in town for a 5 mile (no, that wasn't a 5 K like I thought it was when I signed up) walk with some of my co-workers.  One of them is pregnant and had to take frequent potty breaks, leaving me with her (very sweet) daughter and her sister (also a co-worker).  It was a great excuse to get my flamingo (hat) out for some fresh air and to stitch up a wrap tutu, complete with pink feathers in the bottom layer. 


Otherwise I have been doing a lot of enjoying the sunshine, mostly in the yard, but also via some lake kayaking and general dog swimming, trail riding, dog training (complete with bears and moose), running, and one epic roller blade.  As soon as my skin grows back I intend to return to the roller blading.  Mostly because I got a new street sports helmet that looks like a watermelon.

The greenhouse is slowly taking shape and the potting bench looks awesome.  No matter how many plants I transfer outside to beds my interior shelves don't get any emptier because something always needs to be up-potted.  I was very happy to see the electricians for the power project on our street outside this morning.  Even though it means I have to move my truck tonight.  It will also mean (eventually) being able to plant the planter I know they have to dig up. 

No comments: