Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Snow Sun Whiplash


This is May 18 in my yard.  You can see I was pulling out pots and surveying the windows for greenhouse construction ideas and that the solar lights on the fence are working.  Almost overnight it became summer.  May was winter and June is summer.  And an amazing one so far.  The greenhouse is only partially constructed - I'll take some 'during' pictures and put them up later - but it has been many consecutive days of unbelievable sun and warmth.  It's really hard to be inside at all and to sleep with all the fabulous sunshine.  So mostly I don't.  I'm excited that the construction forman told me this morning they are indeed done with disturbing the garden beds in the driveway and that a landscape crew will be along in a couple weeks to deal with top soil and seeding the trench they filled in yesterday.  Now I can move a bunch of plants outside that were starting to take over my living room. 

No comments: