Thursday, April 17, 2014

Spring is for the Birds

It's thinking about being spring here.  Which means some days I wake up to snow and overcast skies and some days it's sunny and icy.  It means there are more birds out talking up a storm.  It means I sometimes forget that isn't water in the driveway, it's ice.  Every time.  I'm sure it would be hilarious to show a movie of me stepping onto the driveway from the wood steps every morning and squealing as I slip on the ice.  Very Three Stooges.


It also means the return of field studies where you don't freeze as much.  I helped set up a snow/dog science methods experiment last weekend at the resort.  It's been almost a year since I graduated.  Know what I discovered?  I miss real science.  This is a picture from an article in the Dispatch today about reduced numbers of this species.  The closest I get to this these days is the science of 'where did I put that?' from my move and reading about studies other people have done in the Arctic or places that I want to travel to.

No comments: