Thursday, April 3, 2014

Travel

I remember when I was a 'kid' and I went to my first airport.  Spokane.  My sister was flying to Europe.  It was sooooo exciting.  I had an overwhelming sense that I would do a lot of travel in my life.  And then I promptly forgot about it and went on being a kid.  I remembered this scene as I was navigating my sixth airport in two weeks last week.  It was Denver and was nothing like Spokane has ever been.  I think this pic is from my window seat landing in Portland for a couple hours before my final hop home. 


It was pointed out to me (by my defacto dog sitter) that I have been gone a lot in the last six months.  Believe me, I know.  So do my dog friends.  And my dogs.  And my cat.  And my credit cards.  And my frequent flyer account.  And my work accounting department.  I think these are the Cascades a couple weeks ago when I went to see Mom.  For the day. 


And I know this is Denver.  I realized as I was landing that I haven't been there in over a decade and I have never landed there.  The beta I was given about this place was spot on.  Except for the part about not renting a car.  NEVER going to do that again.  Except maybe in a foreign country.  Let's just say I do not have an overwhelming fondness for cabs.  And that I am happy to have caught up with my one friend here the night before she moved to Hawaii.  And that I am happy to hear I now have a friend in Hawaii!  I did not enjoy the daily double nose bleeds or the weird weather.  But the hotel was great and the training was quality.


I'm pretty sure this is Denver in the afternoon.  I was really happy I didn't miss this flight.  The rental car return was farther away than I remembered and the security system would not let me check in on my phone like I normally do.  For once I was grateful I travel so much - the frequent flyer status can get you through hoops a bit quicker.  Who knows what the future holds; for now I'm just trying to make the best of wherever I find myself. 

No comments: