Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Eklutna Paddle


I had a list for Memorial Day weekend.  And paddling was on the top.  But it was a reward, so I scheduled it for Monday.  I will not traumatize you or bore you with before and after pictures of the garage or the studio or the kitchen.  Just trust me when I say that I really needed a break. 


That's why I went somewhere nearby, because later in the summer I don't think I will appreciate it as much.  Also, it took me a really long time to get the rack on the car and the boat on the rack and the gear in the car (mostly because I had to find it in the recently 'organized' gear closet - modifications pending).  I probably would also not have appreciated the conditions I paddled in if I had not been working so hard.  Despite what it looks like, I was not alone on the lake.  Lots of other people were suckered in by the sunshine and suffered with me in the wind and the wildfire smoke.  I swear I thought there were mountains up there but you would never know if this was your first visit here.  It was all worth it.  And as soon as I order the missing parts for my kayak rack, I'll be out paddling again.  Until then, I will try to figure out how to install my new disc brakes on my mountain bike. 

No comments: