Wednesday, June 11, 2014

On the Road Again


Thanks to my blogging yesterday I got caught up on Gunny Girl's blog and found some extra enthusiasm for hitting the road last night.  I did the Gold Nugget triathlon last month and had very few miles on my vintage Schwinn before the race.  I have no idea how many miles actually because it took me a while to realize there were two batteries on my wireless computer and get them replaced.  And then I measured my distance in km.  Mostly because I can't figure out how to change it to miles. 

It was a fun race even without enough training and my time was not much different than 5 years ago.  And I still suck at swimming.  But back to last night's ride.  I had originally planned to bike to work, but bailed when I saw it raining.  Hatman wanted to ride after work since he now also has a vintage Schwinn road bike (thanks craigslist) and he did some tuning on it last weekend.  It poured rain.  I mean really dumped.  We perservered and he got to see a bit more of the trails, including the coastal trail.  Did I mention it was 46 degrees?  Somehow the temperature is not in metric, just speed and distance.  Which turned out to be 31 km.  In a couple days he will recover and we can go again. 

No comments: