Thursday, February 12, 2009

Karaoke Bowling

Guess who's sore from bowling last night? I think it's been 5 years since I last went bowling. And that was neon bowling with the K9 SAR group in Portland. Smokey and I met up with a seasonal co-worker from my day job and his darling wife. They expressed feelings of deception once we got to the alley and they discovered I was a former league player. I tried to explain that it had been ages and I was far out of practice and had a handicap with my hangnail thumb recovery but they were having none of it! Until I placed 3rd in the first game. I decided to be evil and coached the 4th place victim from the first game. He stomped us all in the second game, like by 50 points. Maybe I will bring my ball and shoes north with me when I'm south again.......

A first for me for bowling: free socks! We were all issued a pair of white athletic (not tube!) socks with our shoes. Seems pretty wasteful to me, but no one asked me.

We opted out of additional games (and bowling on Wednesday nights at this alley) once the karaoke started. I was unsuccessful in my attempts to get Smokey to get us a free game by singing a song. How can people not know the words to the song? They picked it out! And it's right there in front of you on the screen. And if you don't know the tune, pick a different song. Surely you know the entirety of at least one of the 5,000 songs in the system? If not, then don't subject me to your attempt to rap. It's just not good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You didn't sing for a free game? Where's your sense of adventure.