Monday, August 3, 2009

Heaven

We're all moved in. Or at least there's nothing left at the old place. That's not to say that the vehicles aren't both still littered with miscellaneous stuff (like a chest freezer in Tucumcari) or that all the stuff is technically 'inside' the new place. But we're saying the moving is complete. And it was sunny all weekend. I had to do some fast talking to convince myself that after a week of rain this was a good thing and I shouldn't feel cheated out of two days of beautiful weather because it wasn't like I was hoping to move in the rain, right?

And then Smokey proposed a nickname for the new place: Heaven. Not just because it's perfectly peaceful, everything I've ever wanted for myself and my dogs in a house, or the simple fact that it's a house and it's free. He chose the name because it's up the hill, so after work we go up to Heaven. As soon as I find the camera (and my phone) I'll get you all set up with some pictures, so you know what heaven looks like.

No comments: