Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Near Point Hike

After starting the year with a hike, Smokey and I were motivated to keep playing outside. We went for a quick ski on Saturday after cleaning the house all day. To reward ourselves for all our responsible behavior we went out Sunday afternoon to Near Point.


I love this time of year here. If you look one direction it looks almost mid day out. Looking behind me you would see it looks much darker. We got a later-than-we-should-have start and so decided to save the joy of summiting for another day. What can I say, I'm a worry wart and don't like hiking in the dark without lights.


See, the dogs appear to be posing hours later. They are loving this new game of hiking for a few hours every day. Wait until they realize I still go to work and school every day and this is just another long weekend thing.


I like having an LCD screen on the camera that flips completely around. It doesn't keep us from looking silly in self portaits, but at least we can aim better.

No comments: