Thursday, February 5, 2015

First Month Rundown

Ah the new year, a time to dream big and unrealistic.  Unless you have a special cat.  Frog keeps me well rooted in reality.  He rang in the new year at the 24 hour vet, thankfully close to home so I could visit and administer eye drops 3x/day.  I rang in the new year at the neighbors house, playing cards (spades I think.  or maybe hearts.  I can never keep them apart) and helping them with their whiskey advent calender. Summary: GRATEFUL. 



Still very little snow.  Occasionally very cold.  Life revolves around weather here, especially if you have dogs.  Which means we go trail running, with lots of layers.  Summary: COLD.



The dogs do not seem to notice the lack of snow.  Until it snows.  Then Tonka is outside as obviously elated at the snow that has magically arrived as I am.  We all run around in circles and chase our tails.  Until then they run around and sniff stuff and are generally unsure what fat tire bikes are.  Summary: MOVEMENT IS FREE


A gaggle of the SAR community that came together by our home to help us search the woods behind all the neighborhood to see if any other bait stations were present.  It was inspiring and supportive and overwhelming.  And I just live next door.  Summary: SILVER LINING


First ski of the season.  Let me clarify - first backcountry ski of the season.  I went out on my classics three times and the resort skis are still collecting dust.  This is only Tonkas second avalanche problem of the season.  He filled in for Little Su to demo for a Level 2 class.  The snow is only a couple feet deep and we are up in the mountains - Hatchers Pass.  Which made him look like a rockstar.  He took about 45 seconds to do what it took them 45 minutes to do.  A typical ratio.  Summary: LIFE IS STILL GOOD

No comments: