Thursday, January 15, 2009

Conclusion of Tucum Saga

Ah yes, the joys of working on a truck in the winter in Anchorage. It finally warmed up enough by Tuesday that I took the morning off and Smokey and I installed the block heater. It's a good thing he was there because a lot of force was needed to dislodge a part in the block and I just don't like to beat on anything that hard. I thought we were home free after that. I recall saying things like "great, the slave cylinder should take like ten minutes". Man, I hate when I am wrong. It would have taken ten minutes if the bloomin' nut wasn't stuck. I even resorted to calling Dad and asking what would happen if I cut the line off. He patiently suggested a couple other things I might try first. Three days later we got it off. That's right, folks, after nearly four months, Tucum is up and running.



This is what the world looks like when you are wearing your orange tinted oakleys. Great for bike riding in low light conditions and doubles well as safety glasses to keep crap that falls off under the truck out of your eyes. Stay tuned for a post about biking tomorrow.


I demanded a celebration. We promptly drove Tucum to the store and procured appropriate celebratory materials: ice tea, donuts (with sprinkles) and a cheap puzzle. Watch out world, here I come! We toasted Tucum in the parking lot. Or maybe it was the fact that we didn't wreck on the sheet of ice this city has become with our 70+ degree increase in temperature over two days.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HI Mo,

We recieved your package this morning. Paul and I enjoyed the goodies. Thank you so much. I'm so glad that you have your truck back and running!

Yippee!

Kathy