Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Someday this will seem like a bad dream

So, it was -27 on the way to work this morning. I have had the parts for my truck since the weekend but can't seem to make myself get outside and put them on when I get home at night. I heard a rumor that it is going to warm up to +15 in the next week. That will feel tropical.

I finally took up an offer extended by a very generous friend of mine here in town and went to the gym on Monday. I ran on the gerbil wheel and feel a little less like climbing the walls. I haven't run so close to so many people since college. There were four rows of machines in the room I was in, and at least a dozen tvs on the wall. It was an odd experience. I'm headed back for another dose this weekend and I think I'll stick to the pool. And maybe the sauna. Perhaps some weight machines. Or maybe I will continue to get up early each morning and do yoga at home like I did this morning.

On another random note, I cooked dinner last night. I used this recipie: http://www.alisonslunch.com/index.php/site/print-recipe/indian_diced_potatoes_with_greens/ and we'll be eating leftovers for several days. It was a little time consuming, like an hour and a half, but it is yummy. And it gave Smokey time to change the right blinker light on his truck. And I got to use my new-to-me square cast iron skillet. And Smokey cleaned it when I was done. Yippee!! Don't laugh, you try living in this cold and see what straws you grasp for a little joy!

I think I could get used to this whole one job thing. My kitchen is clean, my laundry is getting put away, my floor has been de-furred, and my cats are getting spoiled. And it's been less than a week. If it doesn't warm up soon I'll have the whole place clean, sorted, and tidy with several books read and sweaters knit. Maybe I'll see if they make ski wax for temps this low......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

would you like to come to my house and unpack all the boxes with me?

Its like Christmas with everybox...you never know what you are going to find.