Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Puzzle Addiction

Remember that puzzle box from the last post? Last night I discovered that when the weather has been crap for long enough, it can be a problem. Smokey and I stayed up about 3 hours past my bedtime putting together the polar bear puzzle while watching Dukes of Hazard and Gilmore Girls. We're now out of netflix. Turns out the box has 3 puzzles in it. He did the penguin one mostly without me while I was out playing in the snow for 3 days learning about how not to die in an avalanche. I would love to show you some pictures of that, but I couldn't keep the camera batteries warm enough to boot up the camera. That and a guy from one of the groups I volunteer with was also there, with a very impressive camera and he promised to send me his pictures. As soon as I get 'em I'll show you Hatcher Pass in all her glory. And you'll drool and love it. I might have to buy skis now. To go with my new beacon. And a snow saw. Maybe some new poles too. The list never seems to get shorter, why is that?

Smokey says he's going to try out his new studded bike tires today. I have to pick up the organic produce box, so we couldn't both ride. I get my turn tomorrow, so stay tuned for details of riding on ice with a thin layer of snow on top. Not sure how that will go since I almost fell on my hinney one step out the door with the dogs this morning.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Riding on snow can be a slippery adventure. I slippery memories of riding back and forth to the airport on the ice in Ellensburg. Be careful and as always try to have fun.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

checkout this link to a slide show about the mud/snow slide at hyac on Snoqualmie Pass a couple weeks ago.

Unknown said...

Ops here is the link....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wsdot/sets/72157612242253091/show/