Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Say Hello to My Little Friend

Smokey surprised me on Saturday with a trip to a local music store. We've been eyeing it since we moved here since it is less than 2 blocks from both our workplaces. I wanted a harmonica for Christmas (also a mandolin and a banjo) and I didn't get one. Turns out they are cheap. Perfect entertainment, in fact, for apartment bound city dwellers. We are already churning out duets of Big Rock Candy Mountain. Every night. I even cranked out a few notes this morning from memory. I think it will be a while before we're ready to take it on the road. Which is fine since it started raining last night and our world is now a frozen wasteland. That's a 50+ degree warm up in less than a week. Nope, nothing to worry about there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Big Rock Candy Mountain!?! You are HILARIOUS. Did you fall on the ice and hit your pretty head?

Hey were you serious about me taking pictures of those presents? I'm friends with Kim on Myspace, I could message her. . .