Friday, March 6, 2009

Fun with Fur...Rondy

Last weekend we decided to take a gander at all the hype that is fur rondy. Our first sighting was this.....a dog team giving rides to a line of kids in a park downtown.


Followed by this.....


And this, a full sprint team racing on closed off streets in downtown A-town.



There was also this, a small carnival with rides, going full force in the dumping snow.




Remember that snow I dug my first dog snow cave in? Here it is as it's intended pupose, snow sculptures! This is one of my fearless co-workers with their traditional family snow sculpture.




Here is another co-worker with his group's creation, a sea dinosaur.





Look carefully here for the head of the dinosaur......




Here's a hint at the origins of the rondy.....fur trading/selling/buying.




I have no idea how racing decorated outhouses ties in to all this, but I'm sure it's real logical.




Here's a dog truck along the race route. Note the sprint sled on top.



It's the same team Smokey and I saw last March in Tok on our move north. They stayed at the same hotel as us on Easter. I feel almost famous. Or maybe like a groupie.

No comments: