Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Girlfriend Surprise Extreme

Someone once told me that girlfriends are among the most important things in life. More important even than spouses. I think they were right. Sometimes adventures are really good things; this weekend was a prime example of that. We have been suffering through another super chilled snow free run of weather here and KAES was on my calendar for a skiing weekend. She came north instead of me going south because I had another canine chairlift adventure scheduled. When I went to pick her up at the airport Friday night I had already had the adventure of not going to the Beer and Barley Wine Festival because I didn't know tickets would sell out days before the doors opened. I jumped in the truck as soon as she called to say she was on the ground and hoped the truck would be warm by the time I got to the airport. I need not have worried as instead of picking up one person I picked up three. I have no words to explain my excitement and delight. I was simply dumbfounded to see three of my favorite people in the same place at the same time.


KAES had been in cahoots (cahoots I say!!) with Niwt for days, possibly weeks I believe, about this little surprise. I had no idea. None. So I didn't feel bad when we took over his side and booted him out to live at my house for the weekend. Except to come cook meals and change the DVD because we all had our hands busy with yarn. All the girls came over (except Bear because I simply can't disturb her slumbering, she's too cute).


As forecasted, the weather remained cold, super cold if you hail from Seattle. They all gamefully came down to the resort Saturday for a half day of skiing in the frigid temps and survived. I didn't hear any complaints about spending Sunday knitting the day away with a jaunt to the local yarn shop when I discovered I might not have enough linen for my kitchen curtain. I was beat into submission on my use of ravelry and will never go back. KAES and I tried to go swimming Monday morning, but discovered that it was a holiday and the pool was closed for the holiday and also for maintenance. So we cross country skied instead. Brrrrr!! Very sad to put them all back on the plane yesterday, but hope this will be the start of a tradition. Next year I hope I won't be trying to certify a dog for avalanche, have thesis work hanging over my head, or such cold weather on offering. I might have thought it was all a dream if I didn't have some pictures to prove they were here.

2 comments:

MJ said...

Glad you had an amazing weekend!

Unknown said...

Spur of the moment plans are always the best ones...I invited Jane and Rachel to come with Monday night at Stitch n Bitch.