Friday, January 7, 2011

Not Today, Jim, Not Today

Last weekend I was on the tail end of a cold and was a little desperate to get out of the house. I had a brilliant plan to ride down to Girdwood with Niwt and go check on an ice worm site (maybe install a datalogger or two) while he skied the day away. What I remembered just as I pulled off the highway is that they don't plow the road out to the site in the winter. It was just a few degrees above freezing and I didn't have snowshoes. The dogs would have gotten a great workout, but I think I might have invited another week of illness into my life. Oh, and the wind was blowing so hard I was worried about trees blowing down across the road. So I checked out the gift shop instead. Never been in there. Turns out they make a great veggie sandwhich.

1 comment:

MJ said...

Hehe yeah veggie sandwiches are good :-). Glad you made the right choice for that day and decided to stay well.