Monday, December 29, 2008

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig


Guess who is home? The wonder truck did not make it home for Chirstmas, but she did make it home before New Year's. I know the parking job is horrible, but I tried to hide that with my photo angle. I finally gave up on calling and visiting the tow office and just started hanging out at the yard. I finally caught a driver there on Friday, but he couldn't get it done before I had to be at work. Saturday his uncle got her out just before I had to be at work, so I was late, but everyone was very understanding. We towed her down the street to a mega toy store parking lot which was empty since it was after Christmas. I came back for her after my shift (at midnight) and she wouldn't start. We eventually went and procured gas and starter fluid. There were flames involved, but they were reasonable and no one got hurt. Did I mention that it was four below? And the accelerator was frozen in the wide open position, so it had to be manually manipulated so the engine didn't blow up. Yup, that's my girl, she's pissed off. We pushed her into her parking spot sometime after 2 am. I had to work again at 8. I haven't started her again since it was 17 below this morning and we were very thankful that Smokey's truck started. Today's objective: obtain external heaters for both rigs.
More postings with pictures later today and all week.

No comments: