Monday, December 29, 2008

Thanksgiving Fun

Ah, Thanksgiving, home on the range. I snapped shots of these same critters when I was here in September and sent them to Smokey. They were gracious enough to show themselves mid-day on Thansgiving as we made the epic journey from the Far Frozen North to the Range. We hadn't really slept in 30 or so hours at this point.


We did more than wildlife viewing on this trip, we also built gingerbread houses. This is my 'niece', Meshayla, and this is our second year building a gingerbread house together at Grandma's house. She's very good at being patient while the 'glue' dries enough so we can decorate. And she loves telling me where to put the 'glue' for the candy.


'Glue' directing includes placement and shapes. Sometimes shapes are squares, triangles, and circles. Other times they are baby bunny rabbits.



We consumed copious amounts of good food, napped, read books, and relaxed. Mom and I quilted. She made this for my sister and I made the same pattern for her with different fabric. Smokey and I went over the hill and visited Dad and his wife's branch of my family. I do not have the pictures from this trip. I'll post them if I can find them.


We next visited Smokey's brother in central OR and then I went to P-town and picked up some more stuff for shipping. Our trip ended in Seattle where I introduced Smokey to Kerry Park. This is actually sunset, taken with the flash.

No comments: