Friday, December 5, 2008

Back in Black .......and Purple

Greetings from the snowy state. I'm back in the office. I've been up since 3:30am Seattle time and I've been reduced to eating jelly donuts and diet Dr. Pepper (company provided, of course) in an attempt to complete some work for the boss while he is in town for one day. I have earned the purple bags under my eyes but I wonder why I didn't see the buffalo who must have run me over and left me black and blue. Not really; I'm just tired. Classic symptoms of a good vacation.

I'll post about the trip south and back later. After copious amounts of sleep are accumulated. Which won't be for a day or so as I'm pretty sure I have to close at the bar tonight. Sorry, I just can't bring myself to not show up for shifts I'm already scheduled for. Perhaps I can buy a coffee with my few sheckles. Or maybe I'll just continue to collect fodder for a book. And there's always the off chance that I would take home enough money to buy a new camera. Hey, I can dream.

BTW, I thought you all might be amused to know that my boss spells my name wrong. Outlook has failed in it's attempt to prevent the bad spellers of the world from untieing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dearest Mo,

I feel your pain about being tired on Friday...I had trouble keeping my eyes open while working on the schedule at work....

I've decided that next week I will have a day to just watch movies, knit and play with the dogs.

Kathy