Friday, October 31, 2008

It's Friday, do you know where your coconut is?


It's Friday, kick back, relax, and put your feet up. '"Is that a coconut on your desk?" Well, as usual, that's a bit of a story. No one around here even really bats an eye at it. Most people sit in my extra chair next to the coconut and play with it. At one point we even took to calling it Wilson. Yes, we know the volleyball was named Wilson, but it somehow fit. You see, we have an office in Hawaii and everyone here just assumes I went there and brought it back with me. When this assumption is voiced I ususally respond with "Now what would our CAD operator be doing in Hawaii that she can't do from here?" usually followed up with "Never mind, let's send her and find out." So far this hasn't resulted in a Hawaii assignment.

One day a couple weeks ago I was in the office break room and I swear I smelled coconut. I should warn you here that I love coconut. Also, we have an espresso machine and a decent variety of bottled flavorings sitting on the counter. I've not yet bothered to make myself a drink as we don't have any coconut flavoring (or almond, but that's another story). Anywho, I was sniffing around and checking the bottles to see where that delicious smell was coming from when I was interupted by a co-worker (who I don't know well) coming into the room for some coffee. Upon being given a strange look I explained I was trying to find the source of the coconut smell. 'You do smell coconut in here, don't you?' He assured me he did, got his coffee and left.

The next morning I sat down at my desk and immediately smelled coconut. Oh no, it's finally happened, I'm losing my mind! Then I noticed one of my drawers was ajar. Huh, the room must not be quite level, that drawer's slid open a bit. It wouldn't close. So I opened it and found a coconut. THE coconut, aka Wilson. Since my officemate was not in yet, I went to said co-worker's office who met me in the break room the previous day and quieting sang 'I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts' as I slowly walked by his room. He burst out laughing. And replied with the next verse of the song later in the day as he passed my office. Which really confused my officemate.

Oh how I love office games. Enjoy your Friday. I have to work at my other job tonight, where costumes are mandatory. A preview of part of my costume:
Any guesses what my costume is? Stay tuned for more hints as I am bored at work.

No comments: