Thursday, October 30, 2008

Results of biking to work

I decided to ride my bike to work this morning, no easy feat considering the state of my apartment after the arrival of my shipment of stuff from Portland. In my efforts to extricate the bike from it's position against the kayaks, I unearthed this:


...my birthday present from a friend. I had been meaning to hang it on the wall, but that led to discovering where the heater vents existed and the realization that the kayaks were in the way of turning on the heat,......and somewhere in there the hanging of the painting got lost. But now it is found and I love it. That is exactly how I feel in the morning when I leave the warmth of the apartment and that first blast of cold air hits me and I can no longer think. It's beyond 'what was I thinking?' it's so numbing I can't think anything. Luckily I have new lenses for my sunglasses, so the cold air no longer takes away vision function. I love Alaska.

No comments: