Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Talkeetna Dreamin'

Not long after landing in Anchorage I came across an opportunity that I couldn't decline. Some times this seems like it was a brilliant idea and other times it seems like a moment in which I took leave of my senses. Unencumbered by the thought process or not, I bought some land. Or, rather, I'm making payments on some land.




As you can see, the road is in and the puppies approve. The electricity is also in. I'm sure this isn't how it looks now, but it is how it looked this spring. There's probably snow there now and it's likely colder than our daytime high of 12 today.


Of course I remembered to only bring my camera on a cloudy day. Trust me, we walked the whole development and picked out the only lot with a view. This is the view across the gravel road; the Talkeetna mountains are behind those clouds across the wetland. Trust me.......I'll get more pictures next visit. Not that I have any idea when that will be since I work 7 days a week. Rest assured it will happen.

This is the north end of the lot. There's only a couple lots between here and the end of the road. All the other lots have many trees, but not mine. The slough bends to the east just beyond my lot.



And this is the middle of the lot. You know, where the cabin goes. This view is on my screensaver. As a reminder of why I go to work everyday. And don't leave at lunch.

No comments: