Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Moose-adventures

Not long after we moved to Anchorage and were enjoying the glorious spring sunshine, it snowed. And then it snowed again. And then Alex went south to visit family and it snowed more than 10 inches. I had to buy a broom so I could get all the snow off the windshield. I didn't even think about driving my truck. The first red stoplight I approached all the snow from the roof slid onto the windshield and I had to wave people around me while I cleaned it off with my bare hands.

And what did Tatonka think about all this? He thought it was glorious! He loves snow; he loves jumping off the porch onto the snow. He loves.......what is it Tatonka? What are you staring at so intently?

Oh, that. That is a moose. Please don't bark at it.


Apparently the moose is hungry and this is easy food to find. We eventually stopped keeping track of our daily average moose sightings, but it took a while. Our apartment complex is near some protected wetlands, so there is a high population of moose in the area. Oh, and you can't shoot them in town, so they aren't so afraid of humans.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are one of the only friends that I know who would have an adventure like this one on a daily basis! Maybe I should start working on Paul with wanting to move to Alaska! I'm not sure that Horizon is going to start flying there anytime soon though.

mo said...

'Daily' is right! There was one right outside my door last night when I went to take the dogs out.