Thursday, October 30, 2008

Schnazzy new top and someday skirt

My adventures and mis-adventures are not limited to outdoor pursuits. Sometimes they appear in my crafting attempts.




Here we have a recently completed (Yay!!) sleeveless top I knit for myself. It looks very angular here, but pretty flattering when worn. The mis-adventure part comes in at the color change approximately 1/3 down from the top. I ran out of yarn about two years ago and stubbornly refused to pull this apart and use the yarn for a different project. I first tried to fix this by unknitting part way and changing the pattern. When that didn't work I set it aside for a while. When I came back to it I brainstormed potential yarn/pattern solutions, and the hunt began.




Eventually I found not only a yarn combination that I liked, but also some fabric that I thought would make a lovely co-ordinating skirt. I am absolutely in love with the beaded trim on the bottom of the top and may have to buy some more for the skirt. I'll update you as the skirt progresses, but I'll warn you, it could be a long wait since I'm much more motivated to sew wool pants right now.

No comments: